to access the large page(2112 bytes) NAND Flash from the bootloader

venkatesh.k.desai5

Hi,
I m working on armboot bootloader. I m trying to access the large
page(2112 bytes) NAND Flash from the bootloader. I had succeeded in
writing
a small pattern to test erase, write and read the flash. I dont have
any
idea abt checking ECC for the same. If anyone have worked on the same
ie.,
the modification of the code to support large page nand flash, please
give
me some suggestions. FYI my present code supports NAND flash woth page
size
528 bytes.
I would be very grateful if any of you could suggest me as of where
exactly I m going wrong?

Tom St Denis

Hi,
I m working on armboot bootloader. I m trying to access the large
page(2112 bytes) NAND Flash from the bootloader. I had succeeded in
writing
a small pattern to test erase, write and read the flash. I dont have
any
idea abt checking ECC for the same. If anyone have worked on the same
ie.,
the modification of the code to support large page nand flash, please
give
me some suggestions. FYI my present code supports NAND flash woth page
size
528 bytes.
I would be very grateful if any of you could suggest me as of where
exactly I m going wrong?

1. wrong group
2. you should be able to find databooks for the flash memory [if not
you should buy from a better company]
3. You didn't post code for us to review [in the off chance someone
here knows]
4. It's wednesday.
5. You're really in the wrong group.

Tom

Roberto Waltman

I m working on armboot bootloader. I m trying to access the large
page(2112 bytes) NAND Flash from the bootloader. I had succeeded in
writing
a small pattern to test erase, write and read the flash. I dont have
any
idea abt checking ECC for the same. If anyone have worked on the same
ie.,
the modification of the code to support large page nand flash, please
give
me some suggestions. FYI my present code supports NAND flash woth page
size
528 bytes.
I would be very grateful if any of you could suggest me as of where
exactly I m going wrong?

One wrong thing is posting to this newsgroup. Please try in
comp.arch.embedded (Added to groups list.)
You also need to supply more information, otherwise nobody will be
able to help you.
You say "modification of the code to support..."
How can anybody guess what is the original code and what was modified?
The same goes for the hardware. Which type of flash memory chip, under
what platform, (CPU? development board? custom hardware?).
What development tools you are using, etc.

Morris Dovey

(e-mail address removed) (in
(e-mail address removed)) said:

| Hi,
| I m working on armboot bootloader. I m trying to access the
| large page(2112 bytes) NAND Flash from the bootloader. I had
| succeeded in writing
| a small pattern to test erase, write and read the flash. I dont have
| any
| idea abt checking ECC for the same. If anyone have worked on the
| same ie.,
| the modification of the code to support large page nand flash,
| please give
| me some suggestions. FYI my present code supports NAND flash woth
| page size
| 528 bytes.
| I would be very grateful if any of you could suggest me as of
| where exactly I m going wrong?

[1] You haven't read the device spec sheet carefully enough.

[2] You haven't said what problem you're experiencing.

[3] You haven't posted any C code so that anyone could provide any
kind of help.

[4] You're (probably) posting to the wrong newsgroup. This ng
discusses C programming.

Other than for those minor details, you're doing fine. :)

David Ashley

Look at the u-boot project, you can find source there that handles the ECC
on NAND flash.

Sorry about the late response. I've been busy...and I didn't even know about
this newsgroup until today.

-Dave