    Apts_grd.DataBind()
    Response.Write("Count: " + Apts_grd.Rows.Count.ToString

    TIA, Mark

    msch-prv, Aug 23, 2006

  2. -- Call ExecuteNonQuery to send command
    int count = (int)cmd.ExecuteScalar();

    The query in the SqlCommand constructor obtains the count of all records
    from a table. This query will only return a single value. The
    ExecuteScalar method returns this value. Since the return type of
    ExecuteScalar is type object, we use a cast operator to convert the value to
    int.
    Hope that helps
    Patrick

    Patrick.O.Ige, Aug 23, 2006

  3. You can do that automatically,
    you always need to count records on the DataSet itself

    ---------------------------------------
    Sub BindSQL()
    Dim MyConnection As SqlConnection
    Dim DS as DataSet
    Dim MyCommand As SqlDataAdapter
    Dim RcdCount As Integer

    'Our SQL string
    Dim sqlStr As String = "SELECT titles.title, authors.au_lname, " & _
    "authors.au_fname, titles.price " & _
    "FROM authors INNER JOIN titleauthor ON " & _
    "authors.au_id = titleauthor.au_id " & _
    "INNER JOIN titles ON " & _
    "titleauthor.title_id = titles.title_id"

    'The connection to our database
    Dim strConn As String = "server=(local);uid=sa;pwd=;" & _
    "database=pubs;Trusted_Connection=yes;"

    'Open up our connection with our connection object
    MyConnection = New SQLConnection(strConn)

    'To execute our Sql Statement and provide our active connection
    MyCommand = NewSqlDataAdapter(sqlStr, MyConnection)

    'Create instance of DataSet object and fill our predetermined
    'datagrid with it and we name it
    DS = new DataSet()
    MyCommand.Fill(DS, "pubs")

    RcdCount = DS.Tables("pubs").Rows.Count.ToString()

    found"

    Pubs.DataSource = DS
    Pubs.Databind()

    lblPageCount.Text = "Page " & Pubs.CurrentPageIndex + 1 & " of " &
    Pubs.PageCount
    End Sub

    Bruno Alexandre, Aug 23, 2006