    Hi all,

    Are there any tree or graph modules available for python?

    Cheers,

    Ant, Mar 14, 2006

  2. Google for "boost graph python"

    Lonnie Princehouse, Mar 14, 2006

  3. Istvan Albert, Mar 14, 2006
  4. http://www.osl.iu.edu/~dgregor/bgl-python/
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/pygraphlib/
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/pynetwork/
    https://networkx.lanl.gov/
    http://starship.python.net/crew/aaron_watters/kjbuckets/
    http://www.python.org/doc/essays/graphs.html
    http://yapgvb.sourceforge.net/
    http://dkbza.org/pydot.html
    http://www.geocities.com/foetsch/mfgraph/index.htm

    (Some of them are just explanations, or interfaces with a well known
    graph plotting package).
    With Google you can probably find 2-4 other libraries...
    I think there are so many of them because some people need them, but
    there isn't a standard one yet in the built-in library.

    Bye,
    bearophile

    bearophileHUGS, Mar 14, 2006
  5. Ant

    Tamas Nepusz Guest

    Or if you want to be able to handle large graphs efficiently, igraph
    might be a good choice:

    http://igraph.sourceforge.net/

    It's written in pure C, but has a Python interface and according to my
    measurements, it's much faster than any other Python graph package. The
    Python interface really needs some documentation, though, because now
    the only way to figure things out is to call help(igraph.Graph) after
    importing the module. (Or read the documentation of the C interface and
    hope that the function arguments are the same :))

    Tamas Nepusz, Mar 15, 2006
  6. Ant

    Ant Guest

    Thanks guys. The networkx and igraph packages look to have the sort of
    features I want. I'm surprised there's nothing in the standard module
    library really.

    Ant, Mar 15, 2006