    1. restart IIS
    2. dump any Temporay Internet files from the browser Tools | Options
    3. I even clear the Tempary ASP.Net files from the Framework directories.

    matt vaughn, Aug 8, 2006

  2. mfr

    matt vaughn Guest

    I have been researching something similiar to this for applications using the new Callback. There are (2) JavaScript methods that used by this mechanism and really handled by the WebResources.axd handler.

    In my case I get WebForm_InitCallback() and WebForm_DoCallback() - - > "Object expected" errors.

    The only way I get it to work is to:
    1. go to the IIS console
    2. right-click the site and select Properties
    3. Click on the "Configuration" button
    4. Select the .axd Extension and click Edit
    5. Uncheck the box "Check that file exists".

    In addition:

    matt vaughn, Aug 8, 2006

  3. mfr

    Giorgio Guest

    Hi,
    I have the same problem: is there any solution?
    Thank you in advance.

    Giorgio

    Giorgio, Jan 4, 2007
  4. mfr

    Giorgio Guest

    I report some usefull informations due to the old date of this thread.

    I'm talking about TreeView Web Control in ASP.NET 2.0.
    The error in object occurs when a user with IE5.5 SP2 click on the + near a
    TreeNode: the node does not expand itself and the browser raise the
    following client script error "The download of the specified resource has
    failed". In IE6 all works well".

    Thanks again.

    Giorgio

    Giorgio, Jan 4, 2007
  5. Hi Walter I am also facing issues with Tree View Control. My application
    works fine in Local and in Dev environment but not in QA.

    Can you please help me out.
    Kidnly send me your email id so that i can contact you directly if
    needed.

    Thanks in advance.
    Vj

    vijayasaharan rajagopalan, May 8, 2007
  6. mfr

    GregR

    Joined:
    Apr 25, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    In Visual Studio 2010 using IE 7 I get this error almost everytime there is a corp wide security update. Also an error on the web.config <pages maintainScrollPositionOnPostback="true"> setting. I have found that everytime I simply empty the IE7 Temporary Internet Files, these js errors are gone.

    No need to follow IIS instructions when in Debug in VS.

    dump any Temporay Internet files from the browser Tools | Options

    ~CHeeZ !

    GregR, Apr 25, 2012