Trivial search engine anatomy (4ruby)

dave

hy,

I would create a little and trivial _local_ search engine in ruby
and for ruby.

The first problem i have met is in special chars like spaces or ".

I.e:
hello world
"hello world"
"hello world\""
"hello world\\\""
and so on!

I can code it by hand but i plain to expand this set to
a more coplex language incuding operators and functions like:
hello and world
hello or (world and ruby)

inobj.name:hello
inobj.name:"hello world"

eval:"obj.class == String"

Are there any libraries, documents that can help me in this job.

thank you, very much!

--
here are more things in heaven and earth,
horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.