Trouble deploying ASP.NET application

Guest

Tried both FTP and frontpage extensions method to the host server.
Server has directory running as a ASP.NET application.

If I take out ...Inherits="quizengine.WebForm1"...the page loads but no
functionality... of course becuase I have code behind on it.

My problem is extreemly basic. Make an application on my machine, then
publish to host, fire application and I get the following error.
I am completely lost and totally stunned how hard it is to get information
on how to deploy a standard ASP.NET application with no odd settings or
database onto a host server!

Server Error in '/quiz' Application

The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an
error: (404) Not Found.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.]
System.Net.HttpWebRequest.CheckFinalStatus() +680
System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +139
System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() +249
System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetNonFileStream(Uri uri, ICredentials
credentials) +65
System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetStream(Uri uri, ICredentials
credentials) +94
System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.GetEntity(Uri absoluteUri, String role, Type
ofObjectToReturn) +55
System.Xml.XmlTextReader.CreateScanner() +384
System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Init() +23
System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read() +530
System.Xml.XmlReader.MoveToContent() +75
System.Data.DataSet.ReadXmlSchema(XmlReader reader, Boolean
denyResolving) +122
System.Data.DataSet.ReadXmlSchema(String fileName) +60
quizengine.WebForm1.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\quizengine\default.aspx.cs:25

-

Guest

problem solved!

although I need to use a full path for my local host directory to access my
XML files for some bizare reason I thought I could just put the file name
only when I deployed it to the host. Once I put the full path name of my host
server..problem gone.

Now I can work on the other problems.