Trouble running 'rubyscript2exe' for compiling my code

Idealone Ideally

All,
I am getting the following error while to execute the
rubyscript2exe :
have the following on my system:
1)ruby
2)gem installed rubyscript2exe
Have i missed out on anything else?

I get the below mentioned error while running the following command :
command:- D:\ruby rubyscript2exe test.rb

D:/RUBY/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/remote_fetcher.rb:19:
uninitialized constant Gem::Excep
tion (NameError)
from
D:/RUBY/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/spec_fetcher.rb:4:in `require'
from D:/RUBY/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/spec_fetcher.rb:4
from
D:/RUBY/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/source_index.rb:10:in `require'
from D:/RUBY/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/source_index.rb:10
from D:/RUBY/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:767:in `require'
from D:/RUBY/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:767
from D:/RUBY/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/exceptions.rb:1:in
`require'
from D:/RUBY/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/exceptions.rb:1
Couldn't execute this command (rc=256):

Cheers
shekar

Idealone Ideally

Erik said:
Yep. You missed a couple of threads where this issue has been
discussed before... :}

This one, for example:
https://groups.google.com/group/ruby-talk-google/browse_frm/thread/f922ec9ef52af7e4?tvc=1

gegroet,
Erik V. - http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/
Thanks for your timely Reply, I went through some of those threads which
discussed about the similar issue to mine.
I still face the same issue, as there is no proper final fix explained,
it only talks about workarounds involved which isn't working for me.
"unset RUBYOPT" doesn't work for me, which was mentioned as one of the
workarounds..as i get this error
"'unset' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file."

Hope I find it working ASAP :)

Cheers

Erik Veenstra

"unset RUBYOPT" doesn't work for me, which was mentioned as one of the
workarounds..as i get this error

Does unsetting RUBYOPT work, even if "unset RUBYOPT" doens't work?
Maybe something like "set RUYBOPT="? Just guessing. I can't check,
since there's no Windows machine around.

gegroet,
Erik V.

Idealone Ideally

Erik said:
Does unsetting RUBYOPT work, even if "unset RUBYOPT" doens't work?
Maybe something like "set RUYBOPT="? Just guessing. I can't check,
since there's no Windows machine around.

gegroet,
Erik V.
Thanks Erik, I was able to successfully run rubyscript2exe with a sample
ruby program, it works great!!
Now the real test comes for me, as i am using Selenium Automation tool &
bunch of ruby scripts for my Test Automation,
I tried building it, it looks like selenium server, and other dependent
files are not getting bundled into the package!!
Any idea on this...if anyone has worked on the similar lines..
Whether it's feasible to do something like this!!

Cheers
Shekar