trusted connection

Mike

I added a new user to my SQL db to log into the DB from my ASP.NET web, When
i run my page I'm getting an error

Login failed for user 'USERID. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL
Server connection.

do i need to put trusted connection = true in my string?

heres my string

dbConnection = new
sqlConnection("server=localhost;UID=USERID;pwd=password;database=issue"0

Chris Darnell

I found this:

"In SQL 2000 the default authentication is set to "Windows Authentication".
You must change authentication to include SQL Server. To do this enter SQL
Enterprise Manager. Right click the server name and select properties.
Select the Security tab . Check SQL Server and Windows as the
Authentication. Click OK and Yest to restart SQL. This should solve your
problem."

at http://www.dbforums.com/t982680.html

Maybe that will help.

[MSFT]

Hi Mike,

Did the problem get resolved by enabling SQL authentication?

Luke
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)