Type ahead functionality for combo boxes

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by tuffs, Mar 15, 2006.

  1. tuffs

    tuffs Guest

    Hi All,

    I am new to this group and this is my first mail to the group.

    I have a requirement wherein we need to support type ahead
    functionality for combo boxes.

    For e.g. Say we have 5 entries in combo box "1, 23, 14, 18, 4".
    The default functionality of combobox is, whenever I press 1 from key
    board, it will take me to first entry in combo box which starts with
    "1". Next time when I press 1 again then it will take me to second
    entry starting with 1 (i.e. 14).

    My requirement is whenever user presses 1,4 one after the other it
    should take me to the entry starts with 14 (and not to the entry starts
    with 4).

    The sample html code is

    <head>
    </head>