UML diagrammer

zero

Does anyone know of a good, preferably freeware, program that will take
Java code and create UML diagrams from it? I'm also looking for an easy to
use program to draw UML diagrams. The diagrams don't need to be converted
to code, only the other way around.

I'm looking for something a little less heavy and sluggish than Borland
Together.

TIA
zero

Mario Kusek

zero said:
Does anyone know of a good, preferably freeware, program that will take
Java code and create UML diagrams from it? I'm also looking for an easy to
use program to draw UML diagrams. The diagrams don't need to be converted
to code, only the other way around.

I'm looking for something a little less heavy and sluggish than Borland
Together.

Hi!

Try with OmondoUML. (http://www.omondo.com/) They have free version for
download. It is plugin for Eclipse.

Regards,
Mario

Vassilis

zero said:
Does anyone know of a good, preferably freeware, program that will take
Java code and create UML diagrams from it? I'm also looking for an easy to
use program to draw UML diagrams. The diagrams don't need to be converted
to code, only the other way around.

I'm looking for something a little less heavy and sluggish than Borland
Together.

TIA
zero
try argoUML at http://argouml.tigris.org/

Hal Rosser

zero said:
Does anyone know of a good, preferably freeware, program that will take
Java code and create UML diagrams from it? I'm also looking for an easy to
use program to draw UML diagrams. The diagrams don't need to be converted
to code, only the other way around.

I'm looking for something a little less heavy and sluggish than Borland
Together.

The Community edition of Poseidon will do what you need. (FREE)
- it will also generate java code - (you don't have to use that feature if
you don't want to)

File --> import to import java files into your 'project'.
then drag'em onto the class diagram screen.
HTH

zero

Thanks everyone for the replies. Poseidon looks like a good choice for
generating class diagrams. Unfortunately it doesn't automatically generate
sequence diagrams as far as I can see.

Omondo does create sequence diagrams, but only in the - very pricy - studio
version.

Does anyone feel like writing a program that will create sequence diagrams
from existing code, and giving it to me - for free of course? Anyone?
Come on, think of the satisfaction you'll get! ;-)

Thomas Kellerer

Does anyone know of a good, preferably freeware, program that will take
Java code and create UML diagrams from it? I'm also looking for an easy to
use program to draw UML diagrams. The diagrams don't need to be converted
to code, only the other way around.

I'm looking for something a little less heavy and sluggish than Borland
Together.

JDeveloper from Oracle also has UML support. And it's free now.

Thomas