Unable to execute a JAR file

Joined
Dec 9, 2009
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi,

I have created a jar file using eclipse the source code of which actually uploads a certain file to a particular folder on the FTP server.The code executes from eclipse successfully but does not show any affect if the JAR file is clicked/executed.

I tried to extract the JAR file and saw all the files include lib in the correct order and if I tried to execute the class file from the command prompt again I was able to do it successfully.

Next I used the executable jar file as added external JAR file in another class file (Ftp_Test) and imported the package to this new class and tried to call the class (FTP file transfer) the console window didn't show any result however there was this message on top of the console window :

<terminated>Ftp_test [Java application] c:/program files/java/jre1.5.0_06/bin/javaw.exe.

Any idea what I could be doing wrong?..Please help.

Regards,
Rajeev Nair.