Unhandled exception when using tilde(~) in URL filenames

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Amish, Dec 5, 2007.

  1. Amish

    Amish Guest

    Hi All,
    I have a ASP.NET 1.1 web application with default error page
    specified in customerror tag in web.config along with error handling code in
    Application error event in global.asax file.
    Now if a page(.aspx) that does not exist in the application is mentioned in
    url ,the application redirects to the custom error page mentioned in
    customerror tag.
    But when a aspx whether it is existing or non existing is called with a
    tilde as prefix , the application throws an unhandled error.This error is not
    at all handled by Application error event .
    I did lot of googling and found out that this is a kind of known bug in
    ASP.NET and MS is aware of it.
    My question is : Is this a really a known bug in ASP.NET ?
    Also is there a good work around to bypass/handle this tilde sceanrio ?

    Regards,
    Amish

    Amish, Dec 5, 2007