Unique Session IDs and password encryption in ASP.Net 2.0

anoop

Hello,
I am developing a Website in ASP.Net 2.0 with Login Control as a
Starting page. I have already implemented Membership for login control. Now I
want to know

1. How do I implement unique Session IDs for every login, so as to prevent
Session Replay attack.

2. How do I encrypt the Password so that it travels from Client i.e Browser
to Server in Salted - Hashed format. As Login Control is a Server Control,
how do I implement Encryption at Client Side. If I implement SSL, then also
password can be seen in clear text through the Intercepting proxies such as
PAROS, BURP etc. Please help.

Thank you

Dominick Baier

Hi,

1) for what? do you want to use sessions - the ASP.NET session state feature
already does that for you. Sessions and Login sessions are two different
things.

2) IIRC you asked this question before. There is no standard way of doing
that. Use SSL - intercepting proxies cannot do an unnoticed man in the middle
attack. SSL is the right way to go here.