Unspecified Error

bsinni

Hello,

I have a web page page that is in a frame with top and bottom nav bars.

When I click on my "Export to csv" button, the "File Download" window
appears and the user is given the following
choices: Open, Save, Cancel.

Everything works great with one exception; when the user clicks the
"Save" button for the csv file, the dropdown that I am
using for on the page for filtering the record set no longer works,
when the onchange event is fired I get an "Unspecified error"
in my function when I refer to document.layers. If I use
a try/catch block I receive an object error rather than an unspecified.

The "Save" option does not mess up the dropdown if I used the lastest
Version of IE 6.0 or
Firefox. This only happens when I use an older version of IE.

I have compared the html that is rendered both before and after and
they are exactly the same. Help! Any suggestions?

kaeli

Everything works great with one exception; when the user clicks the
"Save" button for the csv file, the dropdown that I am
using for on the page for filtering the record set no longer works,
when the onchange event is fired I get an "Unspecified error"
in my function when I refer to document.layers. If I use
a try/catch block I receive an object error rather than an unspecified.
The "Save" option does not mess up the dropdown if I used the lastest
Version of IE 6.0 or
Firefox. This only happens when I use an older version of IE.

Well, document.layers is Netscape 4 specific.
Are you supporting Netscape 4?
No other browser is going to have any idea what document.layers is.

Also, Firefox might be having errors and you just don't see the problem. Type
javascript:
in the URL bar and press enter to see if any errors are showing in the
javascript console.

I'd have to see code to say any more.

~kaeli~
Those who get too big for their britches will be exposed in
the end.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

suzyb

Hi

I'm having a simliar error to the one you recieved. Could you possibly
post how you solved it.

Thanks

SuzyB