unsure how to implement MFC CArray with class

Mike Stenzler

Jonathan Mcdougall wrote:

[snip]
I just saw that comment, yurk! 'v' contains *one* element now,
not two. pop_back() removes the last element. Sorry.

No problemo - but I now see what happened - with the funky comment, I
misinterpeted your inclusion of pop_back() as somehow required rather
than illuminative, then I was led off track by looking at what may be
VC++'s internal representation of the vector. As soon as I looked at the
code snippet and your post this morning it was obvious that I didn't
need the pop_back in the context of what I was doing.

So far vector looks OK for my needs but I'll run a test against a static
array later and see if the overhead is excessive.

Thanks

Mike

Attila Feher

And not Atilla.
WW said:
Mike said:
[sigh]

*PLONK*

Et tu, Mike? ;-)

And again, not Atilla.
WW wrote:
[snip]
You have time to post that f*cking bullsh*t but you did not have
time to press F1 and look at your helpfile for vector.
Congratulations. You must be fun to work with!

[TROLLING SNIPPED]

*PLONK*

And again, not Atilla.

And again, not Atilla.
What is it about this that you are unwilling to let go of?

Read your own posts above and give it up - YOU ARE WRONG.

Nope. I am Attila. Learn to read.

[TROLLING SNIPPED]

Mike Stenzler

Attila said:
Learn to read.

Hey, I thought I was in your kill file!

I guess you should check Google before posting, eh?

Well, I swore I was done peeing, but you are such an easy target...

[below from several earlier posts]

[SNIPPO]
I can understand if someone is desperate. But all I can say is:

http://mars-attacks.org/~boklm/browse/humor/bart.gif
Mike said:
[sigh]

*PLONK*

Et tu, Mike? ;-)

Attila said:

What is it about this that you are unwilling to let go of?

Read your own posts above and give it up - YOU ARE WRONG.

Now, listen - I came to this newsgroup, posted a question that was OT.
OK, I'm guilty, I've admitted that several times. When it was suggested
to me that std::vector would work just as well, I modified my question
to be on-topic.

I also replied to Mike Wahler prefaced with "// small rant below" re his
telling me to read my doco twice in his post. Now, maybe my choice of
words wasn't great, but I simply tried to say I was busy, pressured, and
what was in my mind was a simple question that maybe someone who knew
the answer could help with. The "rant" preface implies the writer isn't
taking himself too seriously and the reader should do likewise. I didn't
ask for a lecture, just some help.

What I got was you pouncing all over me and acting like a bully and
autodidact. Fact is, even after claiming (see above) that I was in your
kill file, even after I stopped responding, you kept reading my posts
directed at others and further flaming me - acting like a total troll
even as you accused me of being one. Even after I stopped responding,
you continued to bash me in public with Mike Wahler who also claimed to
have "killed" me. It seems to me to be a cowardly act to "kill" someone
and then continue to bash them - they can't "fight back".

Now, I don't know you, and really don't have anything against you or
anything to gain by continuing this except I don't like being bullied or
treated rudely. I asked a question, got a rude response and replied to
your rudeness. I used sarcasm, a great weapon effective against both
fools and kings. It seems to have gone over your head. I have not
attacked you personally except one reference of your behaviour being
that of a net-nazi, you on the other hand have pursued numerous ad
hominem attacks both directly and via links that portray me as a fool
and blowhard. That doesn't seem like polite netiquette to me.

So have a happy life, YOU are now in MY kill file!

Mike

Alf P. Steinbach

And not Atilla.
WW said:
Mike Wahler wrote:
[sigh]

*PLONK*

Et tu, Mike? ;-)

And again, not Atilla.
WW wrote:
[snip]
You have time to post that f*cking bullsh*t but you did not have
time to press F1 and look at your helpfile for vector.
Congratulations. You must be fun to work with!

[TROLLING SNIPPED]

*PLONK*

And again, not Atilla.

And again, not Atilla.
What is it about this that you are unwilling to let go of?

Read your own posts above and give it up - YOU ARE WRONG.

Nope. I am Attila. Learn to read.

[TROLLING SNIPPED]

Heh, this posting is priceless! :-o)

But hey, it's entirely OFF-TOPIC!

WW

Mike said:
Hey, I thought I was in your kill file!

I don't killfile weasels. I like to see their weasely attack thinking I
don't see it. It settles any remaining issues whether I was right to thibk
they are weasels or not.

And not Atilla.
WW said:
Mike said:
[sigh]

PLONK

Et tu, Mike?

And again, not Atilla.
WW wrote:
[snip]
You have time to post that f*cking bullsh*t but you did not have
time to press F1 and look at your helpfile for vector.
Congratulations. You must be fun to work with!

[TROLLING SNIPPED]

PLONK

WOW! And again, not Atilla.

And yet again, not Atilla.
What is it about this that you are unwilling to let go of?

Read your own posts above and give it up - YOU ARE WRONG.

Nope. I am Attila. Learn to read.

[TROLLING SNIPPED]

WW

Mike Stenzler wrote:
[SNIP]
Ahh! That one I like! I am wrong, you are right. Your name *is*
Attila. I need new glasses and a more precise pattern matching
algorithm.

Or probably a minute of rest when you realize that if someone who knows more
than you do tells you something he might indeed be trying to give the best
help he can. And stop ranting. BTW the signatures are like as they are,
because from work I cannot use home email address from home I will not set
the work email address. And I do not want people to get mixed up why does
WW answer something they wrote to Attila. Around my world it is called
courtesy and that is not something to be ridiculed. I apparently do not
know your world.

Mike Stenzler

Attila Feher wrote:
[snip]
And not Atilla. [snip]
And again, not Atilla. [snip]
And again, not Atilla. [snip]
And again, not Atilla. [snip]

Nope. I am Attila. Learn to read.

[OBNOXIOUS REFERENCE TO TROLLING BEING SNIPPED SNIPPED]

Ahh! That one I like! I am wrong, you are right. Your name *is* Attila.
I need new glasses and a more precise pattern matching algorithm.

Mike

Default User

Mike Stenzler wrote:

[bullshit]

Yep, I knowed this was coming.

*plonk*

Brian Rodenborn

WW

One troll less. It seems someone hates when his own words get back on
him...

WW

WW said:

One troll less. It seems someone hates when his own words get back on
him...

Got it? I have two email addresses. One from work, one from home. Do not
forget to also killfile this one. You make a good service for me.

WW said:
Got it? I have two email addresses. One from work, one from home. Do not
forget to also killfile this one. You make a good service for me.

Again I ask, who are you talking to? It would seem to be me, but I can't
figure in reference to what. I haven't plonked you, nor do I intend to.

Brian Rodenborn

WW

Default said:
Again I ask, who are you talking to? It would seem to be me, but I
can't figure in reference to what. I haven't plonked you, nor do I
intend to.

Well then. That is said. I could have asked like you. But then it would
not be me. And I did look at the thread, and it was an answer to one of my
posts. And then I looked at the source - and according to that it was an
answer to my post. So today is the day. When I am plonked but not and when
my new headache pill stops working and migrene is back in full power. To be
(and have migrene) or not to be (and according to Murphy, possibly still
have migrene).

My Apollo Gs.

WW

osmium said:
Migraines are a bitch! Gingko biloba got rid of my migraines after a
great number of doctors failed in finding a cure. You would have to
take it several weeks to see if it worked.

ABSOLUTELY BLATANTLY OT
I take Forever Gingko Plus, one per day.

osmium

WW said:
Well then. That is said. I could have asked like you. But then it would
not be me. And I did look at the thread, and it was an answer to one of my
posts. And then I looked at the source - and according to that it was an
answer to my post.

It most certainly was NOT an answer to one of your posts. Go back and
read again, see what the attribution line is.

In fact, I'll post the complete message for you:

Mike Stenzler wrote:

[bullshit]

Yep, I knowed this was coming.

*plonk*

Brian Rodenborn

Do you see your name ANYWHERE in that?

You have a real problem with reading for comprehension. There's no rule
the WW needs to respond to every post on the newsgroup, or even every
thread. I suggest posting about 75% less, but make sure you actually
READ the stuff you are replying to. This shit gets annoying.

Brian Rodenborn

WW

WW wrote:
You have a real problem with reading for comprehension. There's no
rule
the WW needs to respond to every post on the newsgroup, or even every
thread. I suggest posting about 75% less, but make sure you actually
READ the stuff you are replying to. This shit gets annoying.

I have read the post source. And in my reading of the headers (references)
as well as in the way OutLook lined it up it looked like you did post it to
me.

Last line of my post was this: "My Apollo Gs." Let me translate it for
you: My apologies.

BTW if I will need advice from you on how to live my life, I will certainly
ask you. Now I did not. And your concern about me is also annoying.
Especially when you answer with a rant to a post finished by an apology.
BTW that said you can start to apply your own rule: read what you answer to.

WW said:
I have read the post source. And in my reading of the headers (references)
as well as in the way OutLook lined it up it looked like you did post it to
me.

That's a problem with your newsreader or news server then, because I
replied directly to Stenzler's screed. Actually *reading* the post would
have made that clear.
Last line of my post was this: "My Apollo Gs." Let me translate it for
you: My apologies.

It's preferable to post in English in the first place.
BTW if I will need advice from you on how to live my life, I will certainly
ask you.

I don't give a damn about your life, I give a damn about your anticts on
this newsgroup.
And your concern about me is also annoying.

I'm not the one that had a coniption when he misinterpreted a plonking.
I think you're a lot more hung on me than the other way around.
Especially when you answer with a rant to a post finished by an apology.

A weasel-worded apology implying that somehow the whole thing wasn't
your fault.
BTW that said you can start to apply your own rule: read what you answer to.

What the hell does that mean? I misinterpreted nothing, I just can't
stand your usual "misread then overreact then offer a lame apology"
screed.

Brian Rodenborn

Dave Vandervies

That's a problem with your newsreader or news server then, because I
replied directly to Stenzler's screed. Actually *reading* the post would
have made that clear.

My newsreader or newsserver appears to have the same problem, then,
it's just handling it differently: trn shows the post of yours that
started this subthread as an orphaned post in the thread, and a look at
the headers indicates that the References header is truncated.

Since it's showing up in two different places, it'd be more reasonable
to suspect a problem in the posting software or swerver on your end.
'Tmight be worth looking into in your Copious Free Time.

dave