update event

DJONES

I am new to ASP.Net programming, and I'm trying to get my datagrid control to funtion as needed (with edit capabilities). Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

--Error when Update is clicked-

Server Error in '/AP Manager' Application

Column 'Override Code' is read only.

Exception Details: System.Data.ReadOnlyException: Column 'Override Code' is read only

Source Error:

Line 489: End Ge
Line 490: Se
Line 491: Me(Me.tabletbl04aSIP_Disc.Override_CodeColumn) = valu
Line 492: End Se
Line 493: End Propert

--Code-

Private Sub dgDiscIP_UpdateCommand(ByVal source As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridCommandEventArgs) Handles dgDiscIP.UpdateComman
'Identify what datagrid row was update
Dim key As String = dgDiscIP.DataKeys(e.Item.ItemIndex).ToString(

'get changed values out of the datagrid ro
Dim OC, PQ, PA As Strin
Dim tb As TextBo
tb = CType(e.Item.Cells(0).Controls(0), TextBox
OC = tb.Tex
tb = CType(e.Item.Cells(1).Controls(0), TextBox
PQ = tb.Tex
tb = CType(e.Item.Cells(2).Controls(0), TextBox
PA = tb.Tex

'Find corresponding row in the data tabl
Dim r As dsIP.tbl04aSIP_DiscRo
r = DsIP1.tbl04aSIP_Disc.FindBySEQ(key

'Update the Row by changing values in the row you located abov
r.Override_Code = O
r.Pay_Qty = P
r.Pay_Amt = P

'Send changes from the dataset to the database by calling the DA's Update Metho
SqlDataAdapter1.Update(DsIP1

dgDiscIP.DataBind(

'Switch the current row in the grid out of edit mod
dgDiscIP.EditItemIndex = -

dgDiscIP.DataBind(