Update interface after requesting input from a postback event hand

Ken Adeniji

I read, How can I update my user interface from a thread that did not create
it?
http://blogs.msdn.com/csharpfaq/archive/2004/03/17/91685.aspx

I have a postback event handler, that requests user input via
JavaScript confirm methods to process conditional steps.

After completing asynchronous processing, binding the result sets to
the gridview and dropdownlist controls, and issuing the
UpdatePanel update command, changes are not reflected.

Since I require input, I chose to separate the event handlers,
and invoke each via button click events.

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

The threading issue you read about does not apply here since browser
controls are not 'windows objects' in the strict sense of the word. I
believe all you need do is call refresh on the grid. Come to think of it,
the grid should update automatically if it is inside an update panel.
Perform simple test by updating a text box asynchronously to see if that
works. Then put it inside an update panel and oberve the behavior, make
adjustments as necessary.

Regards,
Alvin Bruney [MVP ASP.NET]

[Shameless Author plug]