Update UI after file download

gabe

I'm using the 1.1 framework.

In my app, the user downloads a file after is has been processed. I'm
trying to update the page that that they are downloading the file from
with a status message. How can I do that? A command button postsback to
the server, and stream is sent the client. It is followed with a
response.end().

Response.Clear()

Response.AppendHeader("Content-disposition", "attachment;
filename=" & FileName)

Response.ContentType = "text"

Response.Write(processedFile)

Response.End()

Can I programmatically set the <Body onload event to call some
javascript? How can that be done?

Thanks in advance,
Gabe

gabe

I forgot to add that file is uploaded to the server and is processed in
memory on the server. If the processing was successful, then the user
gets the 'save' dialog box.

Gabe

Kevin Spencer

Do a redirect to a separate page that (only) sends the file.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP