Uploading files

HBrothers

I have developed an ASPX page which allows users to upload a CSV file to the
server, which then processes it and prepares a report based on the data in
the file. The page works fine in testing on our local intranet.

However, before we roll it into production, we have a couple of questions:
a) when is the file actually sent to the server? Is it sent with the
form (and therefore already on the server when the form.load event runs) or
is it sent when the code calls PostedFile.SaveAs() ? (We are saving the
file locally and then processing it, not reading from the PostedFile's input
stream).

b) if the client's internet connection fails because the cat trips over
his phone cord while the file is uploading, will an error be raised on the
form? Or will we receive an incomplete transmission? Or will the form.load
event never be called?

c) if the client's internet connection fails while our code is
processing the file (after it is uploaded) will the processing fail or
continue?

Thanks,
Hardin