URL rewriting

Moistly

Has ever tried to do URL rewriting in ASP.NET 2.0 ie

I have no trouble on my own machine but it just doesn't seem to work
dev server

Basically I am trying to map something like

http://www.mysite.com/publishername/publication/issue

http://www.mysite.com/view.aspx?PubId=X&PublId=Y&IssueID=Z

Everything I have read basically uses Application_BeginRequest in
global.asax (or httpmodule) which doesn't fire if I put in
The directory type url /publishername/publication/issue on our
development server that is - it always fires on localhost

But it does fire when I put anything with .aspx on the end ie

http://www.mysite.com/publishername/publication/issue/aPageThatDoesNotExist.aspx

Thanks

Sergey Zyuzin

Has ever tried to do URL rewriting in ASP.NET 2.0 ie

I have no trouble on my own machine but it just doesn't seem to work
dev server

Basically I am trying to map something like

http://www.mysite.com/publishername/publication/issue

http://www.mysite.com/view.aspx?PubId=X&PublId=Y&IssueID=Z

Everything I have read basically uses Application_BeginRequest in
global.asax (or httpmodule) which doesn't fire if I put in
The directory type url /publishername/publication/issue on our
development server that is - it always fires on localhost

But it does fire when I put anything with .aspx on the end ie

http://www.mysite.com/publishername/publication/issue/aPageThatDoesNo...

Thanks

Hi,

I think you need to add a mapping in IIS configuration for your web
site to handle all requests by asp.net isapi dll. On my Windows XP it
is in site's properties ->Home Directory Tab -> Configuration.
There you need to add extension "*" (just *) and map it to asp.net
isapi dll. On different Windows versions this is done a bit
differently.
And probably you will also need to uncheck 'Check that file exists'.

HTH,
Sergey

Moistly

Hi,

I think you need to add a mapping in IIS configuration for your web
site to handle all requests by asp.net isapi dll. On my Windows XP it
is in site's properties ->Home Directory Tab -> Configuration.
There you need to add extension "*" (just *) and map it to asp.net
isapi dll. On different Windows versions this is done a bit
differently.
And probably you will also need to uncheck 'Check that file exists'.

HTH,
Sergey

Thanks very much that's sorted it thanks