Use free function with __stdcall calling convention

bg-greece

I am porting a Visual C++ 6.0/SP5 DLL from __cdecl to __stdcall convention.
There seems to be a problem with the free function, the DLL produces a
segmentation fault when calling free(). I noticed that the free function
from stdlib.h is prototyped as __cdecl. Is there a problem to overcome this
and cast it to __stdcall?

Byron

mlimber

bg-greece said:
I am porting a Visual C++ 6.0/SP5 DLL from __cdecl to __stdcall convention.
There seems to be a problem with the free function, the DLL produces a
segmentation fault when calling free(). I noticed that the free function
from stdlib.h is prototyped as __cdecl. Is there a problem to overcome this
and cast it to __stdcall?

Byron

This post is off-topic here since it is Microsoft-specific. See the FAQ
for some suggestions on the right place to post:

http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5.9

Cheers! --M