use windows username in asp

nikou_70

I have a problem with ("auth_user") in asp,I try to use windows
username and password in asp page for limitation user access to pages,
but this server variable returns empty string, can you help me ,I
appreciate it.

Turkbear

I have a problem with ("auth_user") in asp,I try to use windows
username and password in asp page for limitation user access to pages,
but this server variable returns empty string, can you help me ,I
appreciate it.

Are you using Windows Authentication in IIS? If Anonymous access is allowed, the auth_user would probably be blank..

nikou_70

when I turn off Anonymous i get this error,

This is usually caused by a server-side script not sending the proper
WWW-Authenticate header field. Using Active Server Pages scripting this
is done by using the AddHeader method of the Response object to request
that the client use a certain authentication method to access the
resource.

Bob Barrows [MVP]

when I turn off Anonymous i get this error,

This is usually caused by a server-side script not sending the proper
WWW-Authenticate header field. Using Active Server Pages scripting
this is done by using the AddHeader method of the Response object to
request that the client use a certain authentication method to access
the resource.

What is the error number? And there seems to be some of the error text
missing ...

nikou_70

HTTP 401.2 - Unauthorized: Logon failed due to server configuration
Internet Information Services

Jeff Cochran

HTTP 401.2 - Unauthorized: Logon failed due to server configuration
Internet Information Services

Dumb question, but are your users authorized to the site and the
folders in NTFS permissions? Does this work with the Administrator
account?

Jeff