User & Roles

p3ktiff

Hi,

I am creating a blogging website with a database which has (user &
roles) table for login & profile purposes.
Recently, i've discovered that ASP.net has now a login, changepassword,
createuser control which even automatically creates database for user table,
roles, etc.. I was fascinated that i don't have to do this anymore manually,
it created a database for me in an instant. However, my problem is i also
have a seperate database for my blogging site and i want the user
information of the generated DB to my blogging DB, how can i do that? should
I program it to replicate the user table to my own DB? Should I use 2
database in my site both the generated DB & my own DB?

What's the best practice? Hoping for the right way.. thanks

Fred

in p3ktiff wrote :

I am creating a blogging website with a database which has (user &
roles) table for login & profile purposes.
Recently, i've discovered that ASP.net has now a login,
changepassword, createuser control which even automatically creates
database for user table, roles, etc.. I was fascinated that i don't
have to do this anymore manually, it created a database for me in an
instant. However, my problem is i also have a seperate database for
my blogging site and i want the user information of the generated DB
to my blogging DB, how can i do that? should I program it to
replicate the user table to my own DB? Should I use 2 database in my
site both the generated DB & my own DB?
What's the best practice? Hoping for the right way.. thanks

Have a look at the tool named aspnet_regsql.exe
I didn't try to use it in the way you need but it seems you can create
the aspnet database schema in an existing database.

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

The basics of Membership in ASP.NET are fine. I would not opt for the
default provider in most cases, however. But you can easily create a custom
provider.

p3ktiff

Thanks Fred.

Fred said:
in p3ktiff wrote :

Have a look at the tool named aspnet_regsql.exe
I didn't try to use it in the way you need but it seems you can create the
aspnet database schema in an existing database.

p3ktiff

Thanks Cowboy for the comment