Using a .NET dll in the same way as an ActiveX control in a webpage

Mombiatch

I've got an application whereby I need to make calls to a .NET Class Library
in the same way that I would make calls to an ActiveX control from a
webpage, using the <object id="CLSID, etc tag. Is there a better way to do
this than wrapping the .NET Class Library into an ActiveX Control?

Thanks
Joe

John Saunders

Mombiatch said:
I've got an application whereby I need to make calls to a .NET Class Library
in the same way that I would make calls to an ActiveX control from a
webpage, using the <object id="CLSID, etc tag. Is there a better way to do
this than wrapping the .NET Class Library into an ActiveX Control?

Joe, I'm not sure about class libraries in general, but I know that it's
possible to embed a Windows Forms control in IE. Check out the following
references and if this works for general class libraries, please let us
know. Alternatively, you could create a Windows Forms control with no UI...

#Host Secure, Lightweight Client-Side Controls in Microsoft Internet
Explorer
http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/02/01/UserCtrl/default.aspx

#Embedded Windows User Controls into Internet Explorer
http://www.devhood.com/tutorials/tutorial_details.aspx?tutorial_id=187&printer=t

#Code Access Security and Distribution Features in .NET enhance Client-Side
Apps
http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/02/06/rich/default.aspx