  1. levicc00123

    levicc00123 Guest

    is there a way to embed common lisp programs in python?

    levicc00123, Aug 28, 2005

  2. a écrit :
    It depends on what you call "embedding" ... can you be more specifiv
    about what you want ?

    Pierre Barbier de Reuille, Aug 29, 2005

  3. levicc00123

    levicc00123 Guest

    basically, what I'm looking to do is use python as a bridge between C
    and Common Lisp to create a virtual city that contains Artificial life.

    levicc00123, Aug 29, 2005
  4. levicc00123

    cipherpunk Guest

    Your best bet is probably to look into your LISP environment's FFI
    (Foreign Function Interface). Most LISP environments have some way to
    call C code directly. Insofar as going back the other way... that I'm
    a little more sketchy on. Guile (the Scheme compiler from GNU) is a
    strong contender, though. It's not Common LISP, but it's a LISP with
    copious documentation for how to call it from C.

    I really can't see a reason to use Python as a glue layer. I'd
    recommend rewriting your LISP code in Python before I'd recommend using
    Python to interface between Common LISP and C.

    cipherpunk, Aug 29, 2005
  5. levicc00123

    Robert Kern Guest

    ECL might be a good choice for real Common Lisp (more or less).

    http://ecls.sourceforge.net/
    Agreed.

    --
    Robert Kern

    -- Richard Harter

    Robert Kern, Aug 29, 2005
  6. levicc00123

    Mike Meyer Guest

    I believe SCM is also extensible/embeddable - and is generally a more
    complete LISP system than Guile. However, it's still Scheme instead of
    CL.
    Agreed.

    <mike

    Mike Meyer, Aug 30, 2005
  7. levicc00123

    levicc00123 Guest

    Thank you all for the advice, I think I'll be writing my lisp code in
    python.

    levicc00123, Sep 3, 2005