using dropdown box to display db record & update record

Jimmy Tran

Hi Folks,

I have a web database written in asp and using access97. I have many
projects, but each project is being held responsible by a person. All
people and projects come from the database. Looks like this:

Responsible Person Project Name

Canter, Joe Project A
Williams, Bob Project B
Fowler, James Project C
Canter, Joe Project D

I can have these database displayed in a table using asp and it works
fine. What I really want to do is where you see the Responsible names
above which corresponds to a particular project, I want those names to
appear in a drop down box. The drop down box will still have the
Responsible names above displayed but at the same time pull all of the
other Responsible names in the database as a selection--this way a user
can view the above table and re-assign people to different project as
they want. After doing so, they can click submit and the database
containg Responsible Person and Project Name is updated. I have been
trying different ways but nothing seems to work. If you could give me
any help or advice, I GREATLY appreciate it.

Thank you in advance
Jim

Dan Brussee

[...]

When you say it doesnt work, what do you mean? Does it not fill the
list? Does it not update correctly?