Using FileSystemObject in VB.NET

Luis Esteban Valencia

I'm trying to write a little VB.NET script in an ASP.NET web page that will
create folders, move files, etc... pretty much everything you can expect to
do using the FileSystemObject library.

Is this possible in .NET?

If so, how do I do it?

I've tried:

Dim fso as new system.io.filesystemobject, but filesystemobject doesn't show
up in the Intellisense, nor does it work. I've included the scrunn.dll in
my project, but still no dice.

I'd rather not do the whole Server.CreateObject("FileSystemObject") method,
because then I lose the intellisense in my development environment... but if
you can point me to a good list of methods and properties, that might be the
way I have to go.

Thanks so much for your help,

RCS

Look in System.IO

I think System.IO.Directory and System.IO.File should handle most of what
you need...

HTH