using javascript with datagrid

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by Brett Wesoloski, May 22, 2007.

  1. I can not seem to figure this out, but really haven't work a lot with
    javascrip and .NET.

    I have a data grid and I want to put a button in it and when the button is
    pressed it will call my javascript. Now the grid is in a .ascx file. The
    other kicker is I want to also use the databinder property to get a value as
    the grid is loading and use that in my java script.

    Here is what I have so far as for getting the javascript to do what I want.
    the file variable is what needs to use databinder. I guess that is the part
    I don't understand. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    TIA,
    Brett

    <head>
    <script language="JavaScript" type="text/JavaScript">
    <!-- Enable Stealth Mode
    // Variable Definitions
    var nameSpace = null;
    var mailFolder = null;
    var mailItem = null;
    var tempDoc = null;
    var outlookApp = null;
    var file = null;
    var filename = null;
    function OpenOutlookDoc(whatform)
    {
    try
    {
    file = '\\\\planadmininc.com\\Shareddata\\4most\\proposals\\M\\ABC
    Company, Inc. Safe Harbor 401(k) PS Plan_2.pdf'; (THIS IS WHAT NEEDS TO USE
    THE DATABINDER)
    filename = 'myfile';
    outlookApp = new ActiveXObject("Outlook.Application");
    nameSpace = outlookApp.getNameSpace("MAPI");
    mailFolder = nameSpace.getDefaultFolder(6);
    mailItem = mailFolder.Items.add(whatform);
    mailItem.To = "";
    mailItem.Subject = 'test subject';
    mailItem.Body = 'test body';
    mailItem.Attachments.Add(file);
    mailItem.Display(0)
    }
    catch(e)
    {
    // act on any error that you get
    // Disable Stealth Mode -->
    </script>
    </head>
    <form>
    <input type=button value="Send Email" NAME="OutlookOpen1"
    OnClick="OpenOutlookDoc('IPM.NOte.FormA')"><br><br>
    </form>

    Brett Wesoloski, May 22, 2007

  2. Brett Wesoloski

    Scott M. Guest

    What does the code you've supplied have to do with a DataGrid or server-side
    code?

    Scott M., May 25, 2007