using javascript with datagrid

Brett Wesoloski

I can not seem to figure this out, but really haven't work a lot with
javascrip and .NET.

I have a data grid and I want to put a button in it and when the button is
pressed it will call my javascript. Now the grid is in a .ascx file. The
other kicker is I want to also use the databinder property to get a value as
the grid is loading and use that in my java script.

Here is what I have so far as for getting the javascript to do what I want.
the file variable is what needs to use databinder. I guess that is the part
I don't understand. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,
Brett

<head>
<script language="JavaScript" type="text/JavaScript">
<!-- Enable Stealth Mode
// Variable Definitions
var nameSpace = null;
var mailFolder = null;
var mailItem = null;
var tempDoc = null;
var outlookApp = null;
var file = null;
var filename = null;
function OpenOutlookDoc(whatform)
{
try
{
file = '\\\\planadmininc.com\\Shareddata\\4most\\proposals\\M\\ABC
Company, Inc. Safe Harbor 401(k) PS Plan_2.pdf'; (THIS IS WHAT NEEDS TO USE
THE DATABINDER)
filename = 'myfile';
outlookApp = new ActiveXObject("Outlook.Application");
nameSpace = outlookApp.getNameSpace("MAPI");
mailFolder = nameSpace.getDefaultFolder(6);
mailItem = mailFolder.Items.add(whatform);
mailItem.To = "(e-mail address removed)";
mailItem.Subject = 'test subject';
mailItem.Body = 'test body';
mailItem.Attachments.Add(file);
mailItem.Display(0)
}
catch(e)
{
// act on any error that you get
// Disable Stealth Mode -->
</script>
</head>
<form>
<input type=button value="Send Email" NAME="OutlookOpen1"
OnClick="OpenOutlookDoc('IPM.NOte.FormA')"><br><br>
</form>

Scott M.

What does the code you've supplied have to do with a DataGrid or server-side
code?