Using parent's function from child when included from file...

Troy

Hi!

I am working on a rather complicated set of html and javascript files here
and am experiencing some serious IE/Netscape(Mozilla actually)
incompatability issues.

I have an html page that includes a hidden IFRAME (size 0x0). That IFRAME
get's reloaded and calls the parent's write_table function. This is to
ensure the illusion that the page is not refreshing (my boss didn't like the
"blinking" of the refresh).

This worked well, untill I moved the parent's javascript into seperate files
and included them with the <SCRIPT language="javascript"
src="table_writer.js"></SCRIPT> tag. Now, it only works on
Mozilla/Netscape. For IE, I get the oh-so-general "Object doesn't support
this property or method" error.

I really need to leave the javascript in seperate files as I will have a
need for them on many pages in the future. How can I get the IFRAME
javascript function to call it's parent javascript function when the
parent's script is loaded from a file???

Thanks!
troy

Troy

I've made a discovery...

Since we are using a home made web server (again, please don't ask), it
appears that IE is not loading the js files at all because there is a very
limited number of mime types supported. I am assuming that mozilla figured
this out on it's own but IE won't.

I'll see if I can fix the webserver, sorry for the wasted space.

Troy