using print<<`EOC`

pgodfrin

Greetings,
How does Perl identify which shell to use (sh, vs ksh vs csh, etc)
for backticks in a here document?
pg

Tim Greer

pgodfrin said:
Greetings,
How does Perl identify which shell to use (sh, vs ksh vs csh, etc)
for backticks in a here document?
pg

What environment settings is it running in?

Jürgen Exner

pgodfrin said:
How does Perl identify which shell to use (sh, vs ksh vs csh, etc)
for backticks in a here document?

From 'perldoc perlop', section 'Quote and quote-like operators',
subsection 'qx':

qx/STRING/
`STRING`
A string which is (possibly) interpolated and then executed
as a
system command with "/bin/sh" or its equivalent. [...]

jue

pgodfrin

What environment settings is it running in?
and Custom Hosting.  24/7 support, 30 day guarantee, secure servers.

The default shell for my userid is ksh - but the backticks in the here
document invoke sh ..
pg