Using Random image in flash card

Vandana Rola

Hi Everyone,

javascript. The way I designed it is, I have words and their
descriptions (meaning) as jpeg files. Each word and it's meaning are
on separate layers. I can go to the previous card, the next card, or
see the answer( Meaning). (This is my navigation.) Each link (previous
etc..)is a hot spot on every image. When I click on any hotspot I pass
the image name and layername, to show a particular image on a
particular layer.

Problem: What I want to do is:
1.) I want to put another hot spot or link on the site e.g.shuffle,
that would randomize the order of images and the associated layer.

2.) I would like to put the counter somewhere on the page which would
display the card number and total number of cards in the series e.g. 1
of 10.

Do you think these changes are possible with the way I created my
flash cards? If so, could anyone help me? If not, is there a better
way to create flash cards using javascript? Is there any tutorial that
would help me?

If anyone would like to see what I did click on the link below:

http://people.sinclair.edu/vandanarola/3D'sflashCard/content/flashcardrev.htm

Any insight in this matter would be appreciated.

Vandana

Nick Howes

Vandana Rola said:
Hi Everyone,

javascript. The way I designed it is, I have words and their
descriptions (meaning) as jpeg files.

What's wrong with having words as plain text? you can still hide plain text
with javascript if you put it in a div, or indeed any tag.

Lee

Vandana Rola said:
[...]

What you've done seems to work well, but as you've found,
it's difficult to modify, particularly if you want to add
new cards. See if there's anything that you can use from
this example. It's designed for current versions of Netscape,
Mozilla, or Internet Explorer:

http://azphx.com/dhtml/tmp/flashcards/flash.html

Vandana Rola

Lee said:
Vandana Rola said:

What you've done seems to work well, but as you've found,
it's difficult to modify, particularly if you want to add
new cards. See if there's anything that you can use from
this example. It's designed for current versions of Netscape,
Mozilla, or Internet Explorer:

http://azphx.com/dhtml/tmp/flashcards/flash.html

Thanks, Lee. That's exactly what I had in mind. I think this example
would help me alot.