    Does saving the file as "UTF-8 with/without signature" render Codepage
    attribute in the aspx file useless ?

    Thanks in advanced.

    JJBW, Apr 23, 2004

  2. JJBW

    Joerg Jooss Guest

    Yes, same here.
    I guess the term "signature" refers to the UTF-8 byte order mark (aka
    "BOM"), an optional three byte sequence (0xEF 0xBB 0xBF) at the beginning of
    an UTF-8 byte stream identifying it as, um, UTF-8.
    Well, the declared Codepage and and true physical encoding must of course
    match. Since this is true when you specify Codepage="65001" and save the
    file as UTF-8 without BOM, I guess it's a bug in the ASP.NET page

    Joerg Jooss, Apr 24, 2004