    If a control is disabled (enabled = false), will the validator controls associated with it automatically know not to carry out validation?

    I have a page with a bunch of controls and depending on what is passed in through the querystring, I disable some of those controls in my code-behind. However, my validator controls still seem to be trying to validate the disabled controls.

    Cheers :)

    Guest, Feb 4, 2004

    Tommy Guest

    The validator control will attempt to validate a disabled control.

    You can disable both the control and the validator control.

    Tommy,

    Tommy, Feb 4, 2004

    Peter Blum Guest

    This is one of those many limitations of Microsoft's validators that forces
    you to create the validator from scratch. I have build a commercial
    replacement to Microsoft's validators called Professional Validation And
    More (http://www.peterblum.com/vam/home.aspx). Each of my 22 validators
    includes a new property, Enabler, that you specify rules to enable and
    disable the validator automatically. It works fully on the client side.

    --- Peter Blum
    www.PeterBlum.com
    Email:

    Peter Blum, Feb 4, 2004