validator controls and disabled controls

Guest

Hi there,

If a control is disabled (enabled = false), will the validator controls associated with it automatically know not to carry out validation?

I have a page with a bunch of controls and depending on what is passed in through the querystring, I disable some of those controls in my code-behind. However, my validator controls still seem to be trying to validate the disabled controls.

Cheers :)

Tommy

The validator control will attempt to validate a disabled control.

You can disable both the control and the validator control.

Tommy,

Peter Blum

This is one of those many limitations of Microsoft's validators that forces
you to create the validator from scratch. I have build a commercial
replacement to Microsoft's validators called Professional Validation And
More (http://www.peterblum.com/vam/home.aspx). Each of my 22 validators
includes a new property, Enabler, that you specify rules to enable and
disable the validator automatically. It works fully on the client side.

--- Peter Blum
www.PeterBlum.com
Email: (e-mail address removed)