Validator element rendered to page as enabled=false

criz

Hi All,

I have created a validator class inheriting from BaseValidator. I have
server and client side checks and all works well except client side checks
are not executed when the user clicks submit on the page.

Looking into the issue has shown that the html is renered as:

evaluationfunction="CheckAllCheckBoxesPartAndPotentialVendorParts_ctl01_ctl00_CheckValidSelection"
enabled="true"
id="PartAndPotentialVendorParts_ctl01_ctl00_CheckValidSelection"
style="color:Red;"> *</span>

but inspecting the DOM document via javascript shows that the element is
rendered as:

<SPAN id=PartAndPotentialVendorParts_ctl01_ctl00_CheckValidSelection
style=\"COLOR: red\"
controltovalidate=\"PartAndPotentialVendorParts_ctl01_ctl00_PotentialVendorParts\" display=\"Dynamic\" isvalid=\"true\" enabled=\"false\">*</SPAN>

Notice the same id but different values for enabled. The enabled=false as
shown in the javascript is ensuring the validition does not occur.

What's going on?!!!