view state question

mr. App

In many custom controls examples I see the following code:
public string Text
{
get
{
return (string)ViewState["Text"];
}

set
{
ViewState["Text"] = value;

Can you please explain what is the difference between this code to:
public string Text
{
get
{
return Text;
}

set
{
Text = value;

Thanks.

Nathan Sokalski

The difference is that the first one is getting the value from ViewState,
while the second one is getting it from a variable named Text.

Brock Allen

The difference is that the first one is getting the value from
ViewState, while the second one is getting it from a variable named
Text.

And buggy, since it's recursive.