Visual Basic v6

Kevin Spencer

Yes I know I am using antiquated software but time contraints and $$
disallow me from "doing the right thing".

It's not a matter of what technology you're using, but what newsgroup you're
asking your question in. This is an ASP.Net newsgroup, and VB6 is not a part
of the .Net platform, or ASP.Net. Try the following newsgroup:

microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
Neither a follower nor a lender be.

Juan T. Llibre

Future posting by about 2 hours didn't help either.

I have a rule against answering future-posted messages.
No time for silly kiddie I-need-attention posts.

Kevin Spencer said:
Yes I know I am using antiquated software but time contraints and $$
disallow me from "doing the right thing".

It's not a matter of what technology you're using, but what newsgroup
you're asking your question in. This is an ASP.Net newsgroup, and VB6 is
not a part of the .Net platform, or ASP.Net. Try the following newsgroup:

microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
.Net Developer
Neither a follower nor a lender be.

GaryMan

Yes I know I am using antiquated software but time contraints and $$
disallow me from "doing the right thing".

I am a bit of a beginner here but need to know a few things and will
start with this.

I need to get a value into a variable that is in a variable. Does this
make sense?

I have a bit of coding where I need to write 45 variables to an
external file from 2500+ records.

I am using the following code (I am probably missing the bus here thogh
....???

Do

num_Field = 0

For i = 0 To 4
numchar_Field = num_Field
mDataVariable = "rstRecordSet.Fields(" & numchar_Field & ")"
r = "mDataVariable" & numchar_Field
num_Field = num_Field + 1
'then I populate the field with data
Next i

objTextStream.WriteLine _
mDataVariable0 & mDataVariable1 & mDataVariable2 & mDataVariable3 & _
mDataVariable4 & mDataVariable5 & mDataVariable6 & mDataVariable7 & _
mDataVariable8 & mDataVariable9 & mDataVariable10 & mDataVariable11 &
_
mDataVariable12 & mDataVariable13 & mDataVariable14 & mDataVariable15
& _
mDataVariable16 & mDataVariable17 & mDataVariable18 & mDataVariable19
& _
mDataVariable20 & mDataVariable21 & mDataVariable22 & mDataVariable23
& _
mDataVariable24 & mDataVariable25 & mDataVariable26 & mDataVariable27
& _
mDataVariable28 & mDataVariable29 & mDataVariable30 & mDataVariable31
& _
mDataVariable32 & mDataVariable33 & mDataVariable34 & mDataVariable35
& _
mDataVariable36 & mDataVariable37 & mDataVariable38 & mDataVariable39
& _
mDataVariable40 & mDataVariable41 & mDataVariable42 & mDataVariable43
& _
mDataVariable44
rstRecordSet.MoveNext

Loop Until rstRecordSet.EOF = True