VPython and 3D Visualization

Joel C. Alcarez

VPython and 3D Visualization

I have been using VPython ( http://www.vpython.org)  in developing cross platform 3D visualization tools for Physics Lectures.

My experience with Python and VPython has been rewarding in more ways than one.

My employer Mapua (http://www.mapua.edu.ph/)  has decided to support my work and send me (Joel Alcarez) and my collaborator Prof. Joyrence Agas to Ateneo de Davao to demonstrate the software developed using Python and VPython to a very receptive audience composed of distinguished Physics professors from all over the country.

(Check out Mapua news -http://www.mapua.edu.ph/news/?newsid=47)

About me:
I am a web developer at the Mapua Institute of Technology doing part-time research and lots of  free-lance work.

I have been in IT  for more than six years.  I really enjoy coding in Python.

I also use VB/VB.net ASP and ASP.NET but only for the routine day job I have as a web developer/programmer and some other freelance jobs.

Gerrit Muller

Joel said:
I have been using VPython ( http://www.vpython.org) in developing cross
platform 3D visualization tools for Physics Lectures.

My experience with Python and VPython has been rewarding in more ways
than one.

My employer Mapua (http://www.mapua.edu.ph/) has decided to support my
work and send me (Joel Alcarez) and my collaborator Prof. Joyrence Agas
to Ateneo de Davao to demonstrate the software developed using Python
and VPython to a very receptive audience composed of distinguished
Physics professors from all over the country.

sounds great!

I have been playing myself somewhat with VPython and it is amazing how
fast you can create 3D visualizations.

regards Gerrit