watir::exception::Timeoutexception

Rutger Geelen

Hi,
I'm using Watir to do some tests. Depending on the outcome of a test a
java pop appears which I can click using the third method as described
on http://wiki.openqa.org/display/WTR/JavaScript+Pop+Ups.

My code looks exactly like described there:

# A Better Popup Handler using the latest Watir version. Posted by
(e-mail address removed)
#
require 'watir\contrib\enabled_popup'
#
def startClicker( button , waitTime= 9, user_input=nil )
# get a handle if one exists
hwnd = $ie.enabled_popup(waitTime)
if (hwnd) # yes there is a popup
w = WinClicker.new
if ( user_input )
w.setTextValueForFileNameField( hwnd, "#{user_input}" )
end
# I put this in to see the text being input it is not necessary to
work
sleep 3
# "OK" or whatever the name on the button is
w.clickWindowsButton_hwnd( hwnd, "#{button}" )
#
# this is just cleanup
w=nil
end
end
#
# MAIN APPLICATION CODE
#
$ie = Watir::IE.start( "my_URL" )

# This is whatever object that uses the click method.
# You MUST use the click_no_wait method.
$ie.image( :id, '3' ).click_no_wait
#
# 3rd parameter is optional and is used for input and file dialog boxes.
startClicker( "OK ", 7 , "User Input" )
#
# Main application code follows
# ...

Now my problem is this: if a pop-up pops up everything runs fine but if
a pop up does not appear (there is no warning) my script stops and I get
the message
C:/IR20/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/watir-1.5.3/./watir/waiter.rb:55:in
`wait_un
til': Timed out after 7.469 seconds.
(Watir::Exception::TimeOutException).

Some how I can't get the method to be ingnored if no java pop up appears
and therfore the time out kicks in. Anybody any ideas?

Cheers,

Rutger