wcf: How to use wsHttpBinding under IIS6 when anonymous authentication not allowed

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by CS ADNT, Mar 16, 2010.

  1. CS ADNT

    CS ADNT Guest

    Hello,

    My asp.net web application (vs2008/ net 3.5) is using IIS Windows
    Authentication ,and Anonymous access is not allowed.
    I deployed a wcf web service using wsHttpBinding and receive a
    MessageSecurityException when I try to call any ws method.

    My web config contains the service definition with endpoint, I tried to use
    in the WsHttpBinding a <secutity mod="Message" > because I have not https
    available on this server but I need a secure connection.

    How to set correctly the security mode for binding and client ?
    How to have impersonation working in the wcf service without having it using
    the asp.net compatibility mode ?

    Thanks for help.

    CS

    CS ADNT, Mar 16, 2010

  2. CS ADNT

    amitjul Guest

    RE: wcf: How to use wsHttpBinding under IIS6 when anonymous authentica

    I found really good article on Code project --
    http://www.codeproject.com/KB/WCF/WCFBasicHttpBinding.aspx?msg=3104044

    amitjul, Mar 25, 2010