Web Form Performance Versus Single File Performance

jm

Those of you who use Visual Studio, do you find a big performance
difference between the single file model and the web form / class
behind form model? I am trying to justify purchasing Visual Studio
..NET and want the "extended features" (compiling the .net page) to be
one of the reasons.

Thanks for any links, guidance, and help.

Ad

alien2_51

There's definate benefits of using the code behind model, especially with
larger projects with a lot of code. There's clear seperation between client
code and server code... I'm not sure but I think you should be able to use
the code behind model with web matrix, although the VS.NET debugger is
priceless and every bit worth buyong the full blown IDE...

http://www.asp.net/webmatrix/