Web Service timeout when calling BizTalk

Robert

Hi All,

We have a synchronous web service set-up on our online eCommerce site that
submits a order through BizTalk 2004 to our internal ERP system.
Occasionally, we encounter a timeout error when waiting for the order
confirmation to return from the ERP system to BizTalk. At first thought, we
assumed the error was related to the executionTimeout setting in the
machine.config file, however after increasing this setting from 90secs to
180secs, we are still encountering timeouts.

Does anyone know where they're might be an additional timeout setting that
need to be adjusted in order to prevent this timeout error from occuring
(perhaps in BizTalk?).

The details of the exception we receive are as follows:

<ns0:NACK Type="NACK"
xmlns:ns0="http://schema.microsoft.com/BizTalk/2003/NACKMessage.xsd"><NAckID>{12389D02-9123-4540-A586-015F4001E553}</NAckID><ErrorCode>System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed-out.
at
System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest
request)
at
System.Web.Services.Protocols.HttpWebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest
request)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String
methodName, Object[] parameters)
at
EAISchemas.WBI_OrderCreate.SERVICE_SYNCH_OrderCreate.CreateOrder(SERVICE_SYNCH_OrderCreate_Content_Request
OrderContent)</ErrorCode><ErrorCategory>0</ErrorCategory><ErrorDescription>The operation has timed-out.</ErrorDescription></ns0:NACK>

Any guidance you could provide would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,