WEbcontrols wont run after upgrade to VS2003

I built a new dev. machine for VS2003 so I downloaded the recent MS
WEbControl code and compiled using vs2003. I have the dll listed in the
references and have added the controls to the toolbox. The reference says
version 1.0.2.226 and I have copy local = True. I am trying to run the same
pages that ran fine with vs2002? The old register prefix below is what I
used in VS2002. I have tried taking out the publickeytoken with out luck?
The other solutions found were not the answer? I looked in GAC using gacutil
but Webcontrol is not there.

When I add a new aspx page and drag a control the "Register" tags do NOT
have a publicKeyToken ?
Register TagPrefix="iewc" Namespace="Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls"
Assembly="Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls"

Is it something with the strong name?

Thanks In advance
(below is error from VS2003 which worked with VS2002)

Parser Error Message: The located assembly's manifest definition with name
'Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls' does not match the assembly reference.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Register TagPrefix="iewc"
Namespace="Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls"
Assembly="Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls, Version=1.0.2.226, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" %>
Line 2: <%@ Page Language="vb" Debug="True" SmartNavigation = "true"
AutoEventWireup="false" Codebehind="Shipping.aspx.vb"
Inherits="WebPLM.Shipping" %>
Line 3: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">

Source File: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\WebPLM\Shipping.aspx Line: 1

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine
why the assembly 'Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls' could not be loaded.

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: DisplayName = Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls, Version=1.0.2.226,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
(Fully-specified)
LOG: Appbase = file:///C:/Inetpub/wwwroot/WebPLM
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = bin
Calling assembly : (Unknown).
===

LOG: Publisher policy file is not found.
LOG: No redirect found in host configuration file
(c:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet.config).
LOG: Using machine configuration file from
c:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\config\machine.config.