WebSphere 1.0.1.2 CE and Axis

TB

Hello, does WebSphere(geronimo) Community Edition support Web Services?
I found Axis 1.4 libraries there but how should I implement Web Service in
that environmen?

I found a sample from IBM's Web Site where are Stored Procedure and a class
generated Web Service stuff but it used Axis2 and needed an intallation of
Axis2.

Isn't it possible to generate Web Service stuff with WebSphere's own Axis
version? I did not found any samples in documentation or tutorial.

Can anyone please clearify how to do it if it's possible?

Cheers,

TB

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

Hello, does WebSphere(geronimo) Community Edition support Web Services?
I found Axis 1.4 libraries there but how should I implement Web Service in
that environmen?
Isn't it possible to generate Web Service stuff with WebSphere's own Axis
version? I did not found any samples in documentation or tutorial.

Can anyone please clearify how to do it if it's possible?

You can use Axis in any Servlet container of some version
or higher (and Geronimo do match the version requirement).

And an Axis web app is just another web app.

The code needs to be in the classpath. You need a
web.xml setting things up etc..

If you study the web app that comes with the Axis
toolkit, then it should not be that difficult to
figure it out.

Arne