What is dynamic web page ???

Guest

Dear all,

Technically, what dynamic web page really means.
Is it simply due to the fact that the content can be change without
recompiling the web application by simply changing for example data base
fields ?

thnaks for your clarification

regards
serge

Karl Seguin [MVP]

Well, when I think dynamic webpage, I think in terms of content. The
oversimplified definition is that it's a webpage with database-driven
content (of course, the underlying source could be anything, such as XML or
webservices, but database is normally used).

This is different than a site that contains only static (doesn't change)
html.

Karl

TB

I think the real simple definition would be:

A page / site is dynamic when it can present its content according to its
current context (i.e user input, environment, etc).

The presentation of a static page / site is always the same, regardless of
the context.

Whether a dynamic site / page is fed by database or something else is
another story.

TB

"Karl Seguin [MVP]" <karl REMOVE @ REMOVE openmymind REMOVEMETOO . ANDME