asp.net web page error

Phillip

Hi all,
Hope someone can give me useful advice on what to do next...

I recently wrote three asp.net web pages. First page (default.html) - user
inputs ID.
Second page (login.aspx) - checks if this userID is proper ID - from
sqlserver(located in the same site). If it is proper, Id is assigned to a
session variable. Third page is called (userdata.aspx) - uses session
variable to get data from sql server to display users performance.
Users suppose to use this page whole day to observe their work
performance... I declared session time in web.config and also declared in
the last page(userdata.aspx). 700minutes. Users only need to hit F5 to
refresh to see new data.

Now, the problem is that this application stays whole 8 hours without any
error in my test web server in our office...but, when I moved this web pages
to our main site in different city... this application lasts only 2 hour or
so...I get generic error message(yellow screen of death)... I don't
understand what is going on...(no error in my site, but getting error in the
other site...).

Can web server disconnects idling link?(if idling more than 30min?)

I tried to set up an detailed error message as remote error setting, but no
luck also...
If anyone came across, this kind of issue...please send me your advice...

I really appreciate that... Thanks in advance.

Phil

Guest

[...]

The server has settings for this... Look what settings do you have in
IIS, at Properties on the App Pool you are using, Performance tab. In
general, if you need a timeout of 11 hours you should use another way.
I would suggest to use cookies which you can set instead of using
Session object. Cookies could be set for much longer and will not
impact on performance of the server.

Phillip

Thank you very much Alexey...

I will try it and let you know how it went...