What is this?

stev

Hey, everyone, I have just been perusing the source code for hibernate,
and at the top I see something like this....

//$Id: MessageHelper.java,v 1.9 2004/06/04 05:43:47 steveebersole Exp $

It seems like source code integration with version control. I would
like to see more detail.

Thanks

Michael Borgwardt

stev said:
Hey, everyone, I have just been perusing the source code for hibernate,
and at the top I see something like this....

//$Id: MessageHelper.java,v 1.9 2004/06/04 05:43:47 steveebersole Exp $

It seems like source code integration with version control. I would
like to see more detail.

That's just a tag that is automatically updated by CVS with information
about the file name, version, last change and who did the last change.
To get more information such as the complete version history, you have
to access the CVS server directly.

Thomas Fritsch

It is described in http://www.rons.net.cn/htp/cvs/cvs_12.html