What is this ?

Jl_G_0

I created one hyperlink column and it worked great, but I used one
thing and I want to know what this means. Since its a symbol I cant
find it anywhere, and I dont know the name of this : {0}

I used this like:
DataNavigateUrlFormatString="details.aspx?id={0}"
DataTextFormatString="{0:c}"

Anyone can explain or at least give me the name of the {0} so I can
search for it and understand it better ?

Thanks;

Teemu Keiski

Hi,

it is string formatting placeholder. It means that data from data source
(0'th e.g the first field) is going to be outputted in place of the
placeholder, and string formatting can be applied at the same. E.g display a
type in string representation format.