What kinds of things could cause a class' annotations to not beavailable?

SergeyT

Maybe you have 2 different JAX-RS versions in the classpath - one is
in your app, but the other is in the Weblogic/ATG itself and it takes
precedence.

David Karr

Maybe you have 2 different JAX-RS versions in the classpath - one is
in your app, but the other is in the Weblogic/ATG itself and it takes
precedence.

I considered that possibility. I searched every jar file in the BEA
and ATG trees for the Path class and didn't find it (I have scripts
that help me do that). Even if that was the case, I don't see how it
could have possibly caused the symptoms I was seeing.

Arne Vajhøj

Roedy said:
The URL you gave says "Annotations became available in the language
itself beginning with version 1.5 of the JDK. A provisional interface
for compile-time annotation processing was provided by the apt tool in
JDK version 1.5, and was formalized through JSR-269 and integrated
into the javac compiler in version 1.6."

It sounds to me like annotations in 1.5 would have at best been
ignored by Javac.

Annotations were introduced in Java 1.5 and were fully
functional.

Java 1.6 added a standard API for processing annotations so
you could have javac call your own code to process annotations
in the source code.

Different thing.

Arne