What version of framework

Reggie

Hi and TIA! Little confused. I'm running WXP Pro (SP2). If I look at
Control Panel/Admin Tools it shows the following:
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Configuration
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Wizards
Microsoft .NET Framework Configuration
Microsoft .NET Framework Wizards

When I look at add/remove programs it shows:
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
Microsoft .NET Framework SDK (English) 1.0a

I ran windows update and it suggested I install:
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.0 Service Pack 3, English Version

So my question is do I need to install the update? It appears, and I
thought, that I have Version 1.1 installed so I'm not sure if the 1.0 update
is applicable, but seeing how Win update suggested it I'm not really sure
now. Thanks for your time.

Reggie

Greg Burns

I would say you have both versions of the framework installed (which is OK)

version 1.0 (v1.0.3705) & Version 1.1 (v1.1.4322). There are service packs
out for both versions:

SP3 is for 1.0
SP1 is for 1.1

Not sure why Win Update is not suggesting you download both updates...

The next version to be released of the Framework will be Version 2

HTH,
Greg

Reggie

Got it Greg. Thanks for your time!