What's required on the server to run ASP.NET?

Steve M

I have server that has the 1.1 .NET Redistributable Framework on it. But it
does not run ASP.NET applications. It will load the page, but only displays
the HTML part of the page. The app works on the development system.

The first time I tried it I put the code to read the system time in a
<script> tag pair and it didn't work on the server, but did on the client.
So I created a second page with the code behind page, compiled the dll and
upload the aspx page and the dll to the server. dll went in the .\bin dir,
the aspx page to the root of the site. .\bin is off the root of the site.
This version of the page didn't work either.

This is what is installed on the server.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...E3-F589-4842-8157-034D1E7CF3A3&displaylang=en

Could it be that the ASPNET user isn't configured properly on the server?
The .aspx extension is in IIS and it will load the page.

One thing I checked was the C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322 on
the server and it has very few files in it. The development machine has
many files in this directory. IIS was on the machine first, then the .NET
framework was installed. The server is Windows NT 4.0 Server, not sure what
the service pack is at this time, but supporting documentation says it
should be SP 6.0a or later.

Any feedback would be most appreciated,

-Steve